We all know that a healthy lifestyle is crucial to keep your heart fit. You can do a lot to lower your chances of getting heart disease. Devising a health plan and learning more will improve your health and save your life. Get going on these tips to get on track.
|Stop smoking service|
1. Quit smoking: No ifs and buts! This is the best thing you can do for your heart. Smoking is of the main reasons of coronary heart diseases. Smoking is also known to reduce oxygen levels and cause the arteries to harden thus causing insufficient blood flow. Difficult as it seems, you can seek help from Stop smoking service. Visit Madesil Pharmacie for more details.
2. Manage your weight: Being obese/overweight can increase your risk of heart disease. Practise a healthy, balanced diet low in fat and sugar, with more portions of fruit and vegetables, combined with regular physical activity. Avoid packaged and processed foods since they have hidden sugars that contribute to weight gain.
3. Eat more fibre: Eat plenty of fibre to help lower your risk of heart disease – aim for at least 30g a day. Eat fibre from different sources, such as wholemeal bread, bran, oats and wholegrain cereals, potatoes with their skins on, and plenty of fruit and veg.
4. Cut down on saturated fat: Excessive consumption of foods that are high in saturated fat can significantly raise the level of cholesterol in your blood. This increases your risk of heart disease. Choose leaner cuts of meat and lower-fat dairy products like 1% fat milk over full-fat versions or whole milk.
5. Cut down on salt intake: To maintain healthy blood pressure, avoid using salt at the table and try adding less during cooking. Once you train your taste buds, you will get used to the taste of food without much salt. Watch out for high salt content in ready-made foods. Most of the salt we eat is already in the foods we buy.
6. Eat omega-3 supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids are known to keep heart healthy. You can include omega-3 through natural diet (fish being the richest source) along with supplements. Buy here.